Co-operatives are big business. Over 100 million people work in co-operatives around the world.
If you have a co-operative vacancy that you'd like to promote here - please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Co-operative Alliance is hiring a Conference Secretariat and Administration Support Officer
- Updating the contact database in order to ensure marketing materials for the conference reach potential attendees and registrants.
- Promoting the conference through personalized and specialized mailings.
- Updating event website.
- Follow up and confirm registrations.
- Collect and track other registrant details as needed such as voting rights.
- Regularly report on registration trends.
- Call members to encourage attendance.
- Assist Accountant as needed with invoices and payment tracking.
- Acting as the main secretariat contact for all queries through e-mail and phone.
- Assisting the conference team with various logistics such as tracking meeting request needs.
- Collect and distribute needed materials for the conference interpreters.
- Sending out thank you letters and photos post event.
- Assist with other event administrative tasks.
- General administrative support such as drafting emails and letters in various languages in response to requests.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organization skills.
- Comfortable with technology, including intermediate level Excel and Word functions including pivot tables and mail merge, and experience with databases.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to speak and understand English and Spanish. Other languages a plus.
- Be comfortable working as part of an international team.
- Experience organizing meetings, events and/or conferences.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, and analyze information.
- Full-time, temporary
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Start date: around 19 October 2016
- End date: around 8 December 2017
- Must be able to travel to work at the registration desk at the conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia around 9 to 19 November 2017.