Next 3 July, the International Day of Cooperatives (#CoopsDay) will be celebrated as Rebuild better together.
Cooperatives around the world will showcase how they are meeting the COVID-19 pandemic crisis with solidarity and resilience and offering communities a people-centred and environmentally just recovery.
#CoopsDay will be the occasion to spread the word about how a human-centred business model, sustained by the cooperative values of self-help and solidarity and the ethical values of social responsibility and concern for community, can reduce inequality, create shared prosperity and respond to the immediate impacts of COVID-19.Back to top
A call to cooperators and partners
The ICA calls on cooperators and partners around the world to get ready to celebrate #CoopsDay on 3 July and to show the world how we can Rebuild better together.
The 2021 #Coopsday actions’ pack including the logo, key messages and other digital resources will be available soon.
Back to top
About the International Day of Cooperatives
Marked by cooperatives worldwide since 1923 and officially proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly on the centenary of the ICA in 1995, the International Day of Cooperatives is celebrated annually on the first Saturday of July.
The aim of #CoopsDay is to increase awareness of cooperatives and promote the movement's ideas of international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality, and world peace. Since 1995, the ICA and the United Nations through the Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives (COPAC) have jointly set the theme for the celebration of #CoopsDay.
This year’s celebration will be the 27th International Day of Cooperatives recognized by the United Nations and the 99th International Cooperative Day.
Through #CoopsDay, local, national and global policymakers, civil society organisations and the public in general can learn about the contribution of cooperatives to a just future for all.Back to top
How to celebrate #CoopsDay?
Cooperatives around the world celebrate #CoopsDay in many different ways. Below are examples of some of the activities organised by cooperatives around the world:
- The messages of the ICA and United Nations are translated into local languages and widely disseminated to cooperators, media, government officials at all level.
- Use newspapers and radio programmes to create awareness! Issue a press release on the occasion of the International Day of Cooperatives.
- Cooperative Fairs, exhibits, contests, and campaigns are held.
- Meetings with government officials, United Nations agencies and other partner organisations are held.
- Cooperatives partner with community agencies to champion economic, environmental, social and health challenges (blood drives, tree planting, etc.)
- Share your story with us!
If you would like to get in touch with us please contact Leire Luengo, Communications Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact person: