About the International Cooperative Alliance's Youth Network
The Youth Network was established in 2003 to...
- help young co-operators from different countries to connect, share experiences and ideas;
- provide an environment where young co-operators can learn more about the wider co-operative movement;
- involve young people from outside the movement through education and support;
- empower young co-operators to engage with the rest of the movement to both raise the profile of youth issues and to ensure the youth perspective is presented during wider discussions.
What is the Youth Network? Watch our presentation below:
Youth Network News & Information
Call for nominations to the Youth Network Executive Committee for members at large in Africa and Asia-Pacific. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to learn more about the global co-operative movement, make a difference globally, and learn valuable collaborative leadership and skills. We are especially looking for youth who will be motivated to help us organize the first global youth event. Members are invited to nominate youth by 24 September. To learn more, click here
Learn about important upcoming gatherings of the global and regional ICA Youth Networks for the rest of the year in our July 2018 newsletter
Youth mapping: answer the survey! The Youth Network is mapping all initiatives to empower youth through cooperatives. The campaign will identify, map and connect youth cooperatives around the world. The starting point is this survey and the deadline to complete the survey is 1 September. There are two surveys – one for youth coops and one for support organisations for youth and the coop movement to include, train and generally empower youth. Click here to learn more and get the links to the surveys in various languages.
Video from the Global Youth Network shown during the plenary session in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (16 November 2017). The short version shown during the conference is below and you can find a longer version by clicking here.
- Read our February 2018 newsletter which features information about the #coopyouth conference in Kuala Lumpur, a message from our new President, and updates from the regions. Available in English. Spanish and French coming soon.
- Official Meeting Documentation for the Youth Network Assembly 14 November 2017 in English and Spanish.
- #CoopYouth Programme for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 12-17 November 2017.
- Read our October 2017 newsletter in English and Spanish.
- Call for Youth Network Representative 2017. Read more here in English, French and Spanish. The procedures for the election are also available in English, French and Spanish.
- Call for Youth Network Executive Committee nominations in Africa and Europe 2017. Read more here in English, French and Spanish.
- Read our April 2017 newsletter in English and Spanish.
- New Facebook Page: @globalyouthcoop
- Read our December 2016 newsletter featuring information about our work plan for 2018 and important activities, plus highlights about youth globally. Available in English and Spanish.
- Read our August 2016 newsletter about Youth Day 2016 and featuring upcoming events and case studies about youth and the co-operative movement. Available in English and Spanish.
- Read our May 2016 newsletter which features calls for your input, upcoming events, and news about the youth network around the globe. Available in English and Spanish.
- Read the end of year newsletter 2015 with reports on important events during the year, messages from the youth network, and opportunities. Available in English and Spanish.
- The Alliance's Youth Network attended the 2014 International Summit of Cooperatives in Québec, Canada in October 2014. Read the Summit's Young Leaders' declaration issued at the 2014 International Summit of Cooperatives
- Read the end of year newsletter 2014 with information on our strategies, reports, messages and opportunities. Available in English and Spanish.
- In 2005, the Alliance worked with the ILO and the British Columbia Institute for Co-operative Studies (BCICS) to jointly write a publication on youth and co-operatives. The book can be ordered at http://www.uvic.ca/research/centres/cccbe/assets/docs/publications/RochdalePress/YouthReinventingCoops.pdf
- Read the International Co-operative Youth Statement, presented to the United Nations at the Closing Ceremony for the International Year of Co-operatives 2012.
- Read the Youth Statement from the International Labour Organisation: A better future for young people - What cooperatives can offer
- View content from this website that has been tagged as "Youth" related by clicking here
Join the Alliance's Youth Network
To join the mailing list of the network, send your request to Gretchen Hacquard at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be added to the network and will receive important information and invitations.
To become a member, please complete and submit the Alliance Youth Network membership form below to Gretchen Hacquard at email@example.com.
- Download the Alliance Youth Network membership form here (English).
- Descargue el formulario de adhesión Alianza Red de Jóvenes aquí (Español)
- Download the Alliance Youth Network membership form (French)
The Global Youth Representative on the Alliance Board is elected every four years at a Youth General Assembly which is held during the week of the Alliance General Assembly. The Executive Committee members will be elected at the next Youth General Assembly in Turkey in 2015. Join our mailing list to learn more about the elections.
Alliance Youth Network documents and contacts
- Contact the Executive Commitee for the Alliance Youth Network.
- Youth Network Constitution in English and Spanish.