Co-operatives are big business. Over 100 million people work in co-operatives around the world.
If you have a co-operative vacancy that you'd like to promote here - please contact us: email@example.com.
The International Co-operative Alliance is hiring a Conference Secretariat and Administration Support Officer
The International Co-operative Alliance seeks a conference secretariat to provide administrative support for its biennial conference as well as general office administrative support. The Alliance convenes a biennial Global Conference for the worldwide co-operative movement, which typically brings together approximately 1000 co-operators from around the world plus a significant number of co-operators from the Host country for (i) strategic educational workshops and plenary sessions of importance to co-operators, (ii) a variety of statutory meetings for the General Assembly and Board of the Alliance and its regional, sectoral and thematic bodies and committees, and (iii) additional side events and pre- and post-conference activities and meetings.
The responsibilities will cover:
- Updating the contact database in order to ensure marketing materials for the conference reach potential attendees and registrants.
- Promoting the conference through personalized and specialized mailings.
- Updating event website.
- Follow up and confirm registrations.
- Collect and track other registrant details as needed such as voting rights.
- Regularly report on registration trends.
- Call members to encourage attendance.
- Assist Accountant as needed with invoices and payment tracking.
- Acting as the main secretariat contact for all queries through e-mail and phone.
- Assisting the conference team with various logistics such as tracking meeting request needs.
- Collect and distribute needed materials for the conference interpreters.
- Sending out thank you letters and photos post event.
- Assist with other event administrative tasks.
- General administrative support such as drafting emails and letters in various languages in response to requests.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organization skills.
- Comfortable with technology, including intermediate level Excel and Word functions including pivot tables and mail merge, and experience with databases.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to speak and understand English and Spanish. Other languages a plus.
- Be comfortable working as part of an international team.
- Experience organizing meetings, events and/or conferences.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, and analyze information.
- Full-time, temporary
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Start date: around 19 October 2016
- End date: around 8 December 2017
- Must be able to travel to work at the registration desk at the conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia around 9 to 19 November 2017.
Those interested should contact Mrs Gretchen Hacquard, Director of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter of interest and CV.