The International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) is an independent, non-governmental organisation established in 1895 to unite, represent and serve cooperatives worldwide. It provides a global voice and forum for knowledge, expertise and coordinated action for and about cooperatives.
The ICA’s members are international and national cooperative organisations across 110 countries from all sectors of the economy, including agriculture, industry, services, banking, retail, fisheries, health, housing and insurance. Through its membership, the ICA gives a voice to over one billion of the world’s citizens.
2020 is a historical moment for the movement as we are celebrating our 125th anniversary and will be organising our World Cooperative Congress.
- Work directly within the Planning Group composed of the Director General, Events and Office Coordinator and the Congress Special Envoy (Strategy and Statistics Coordinator)
- Take charge of the planning and the coordination of the workflow of the Seoul Congress.
- To do so, work in close collaboration with the Congress Organizing Committee (of which the Planning Group is part).
- Schedule and lead regular meetings with the members of the organizing committee to follow up on the progress of the work.
- Work closely with the person in charge of the budget to ensure that there are enough funds to meet all requests.
- Respond and work with board members involved in the doing of the congress.
- Work in close collaboration with the Task Force to ensure that the needs to carry out the programming is covered. To do so, attend Task Force meetings and make the necessary suggestions to improve the smooth running of the programming and if necessary, help sourcing speakers.
- Ensure coordination between the various Korean service providers, COEX Conference Centre, the Task Force and the organizing team. When necessary, a translator will be provided by ICA.
- Supervise the work of the communication agency selected by the ICA to ensure having an appropriate communication strategy and a reliable communication plan to reach participants and sponsors.
- All necessary meetings can be held by telephone, videoconference or in person. An international telephone number (bridge) and a videoconference account number will be provided by the ICA.
- Advise the Director General in his search for sponsors.
- Report to the Director General and the Task Force Chair.
Terms & conditions
- The initial term of this agreement will run for 10 months from the effective date of June 1st to March 31st, unless earlier terminated as set forth hereafter, and will be subject to renewal for additional terms at the mutual agreement of the parties.
- This agreement shall be subject to a termination by either party with fifteen (15) days’ notice to the other.
- Within thirty (30) days of termination, the ICA shall pay the monthly fee through the date of termination and the ICA shall have no further financial obligation to Consultant.
- Consultant acknowledges that the delivery of the services requires close coordination with key staff, contacts and members of the ICA and accordingly will maintain flexibility in communicating via virtual means (email, phone, Skype, etc.).
- Upon completion of the project, Consultant shall immediately return to ICA all records, files, lists, documents (including electronic material), equipment, software, intellectual property and any other property belonging to ICA, unless otherwise agreed by ICA in writing.
- Consultant will be paid the first of each month a fee of 4 800 EUR, for a total of 48 000 EUR for the duration of 10 months. The compensation described above does not include any sales tax, which taxes are the responsibility of ICA.
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting a motivation letter and a detailed CV to Recruitment@ica.coop. Please mention in the email subject your name followed by ‘Event consultant’.
Deadline for applications is the 30 May 2020 (23h59 CET).
Please note that due to large numbers of applications and our limited capacity, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.