Main duties and responsibilities
The selected candidate shall perform the tasks listed below.
- Liaises with the ICA Congress organizing committee
- Liaises with Korean organisers, suppliers, participants and speakers
- Supports ICA Congress organizing committee in translating/editing/formatting Congress documents into Korean language
- Supports ICA Congress organizing committee in organizing Congress Task Force Meetings in the Republic of Korea to ensure smooth running of all organizational/logistic aspects
- Sets up meetings with Korean stakeholders when necessary
- Organises and coordinates the Korean helpdesk for the Congress
- Supports communication activities in arranging/monitoring Korean translation of the congress website, leaflets, publications, articles/newsletters, programme, etc.
- Assists in the distribution of communication materials in the Korean cooperative movement.
Qualification and selection criteria
The selection of the Conference Local Coordinator will be based on qualifications and criteria listed below. Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Secondary school education in relevant discipline(s) or equivalent professional experience;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the secretarial area at a level comparable to the qualification referred to the position described in this vacancy;
- Excellent command of Korean and one of English or French languages;
- Advanced user of MS-Word and MS-Outlook and good command of MS-Excel;
- Additional qualifications (e.g. degrees, training certificates) in matters related to the position;
- Additional years of experience in secretarial positions at a level comparable to the position described in this vacancy.
- Good organisational and social skills, accuracy and assertiveness;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to respect deadlines;
- Independence combined with cooperative working approach;
- Sense of initiative and ability to anticipate, propose and implement solutions;
- Ambition to work in an international environment;
- Willingness to work on a flexible time schedule and to travel overseas to support the ICA Congress organizing committee.
Terms and conditions for employment
- Located in Seoul (Republic of Korea);
- The service contract will be established with the ICA
- The contract with the ICA shall start at the earliest possible date following the conclusion of the selection procedure and will be terminated at the end of January 2021.
The selection of candidates is performed by a selection panel composed by staff members of the ICA and Korean member of the Congress Task Force.
The application must include:
- A motivation letter in English or French of
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Send the application by e-mail to email@example.com
The deadline for submitting applications is 10 August
For questions related to the present vacancy please contact the ICA: firstname.lastname@example.org