The International Co-operative Alliance is welcoming Fédération Nationale des Caisses d'Epargne (FNCE) from France as its new member. As a pioneering co-operative bank with a 200-years history, Caisse d'Epargne has become a major player in the French economy, due to its expertise in banking and finance, and, above all, its territorial links with its 4.8 million members and 20.4 million customers.
The National Federation of Caisses d'Epargne represents 16 Caisses d'Epargne. These are co-operative banks owned by 4.8 million members via 228 local societies.
In accordance with the Monetary and Financial Code, the federation works to:
- represent the voice and interests of the 16 Caisses d'Epargne and their members
- animate and improve the relationship between the National Federation, the Caisses d'Epargne and the members
- support and train the representatives of the elected members in the exercise of their mandate
- define, coordinate and promote the Social and Environmental Responsibility strategy
- promote the Caisses d'Epargne model and expertise internationally.