The Alliance held a Meeting of Members (General Assembly) in conjunction with the 3rd International Summit of Cooperatives, in Québec City, Canada, on 10 October 2016.
With the establishment of the Alliance in Belgium, the Alliance is now required to convene an annual meeting of the members. This annual meeting is primarily to accept the audit and to perform any other required action. The majority of decisions will be reserved for the biennial General Assemblies that are convened in conjunction with our Global Conference, to be held every two years.
2016 Board elections results
Bennett REID and Dmitry ZUBOV were elected as new Board members. Congratulations!
There were 469 valid votes on 478 eligible:
- Usman SURUR SIRAJ - nominated by Awach Savings and Credit Cooperative (ASCCO) – Ethiopia: 89 votes
- Mohammadreza RAEESINEJAD DOBONEH, nominated by the Central Union of Rural & Agricultural Co-operatives of Iran (CURACI) – Iran: 142 votes
- Mohammad SHARIF BHAIJI, nominated by the Karachi Co-operative Housing Societies Union Limited – Pakistan: 53 votes
- Dmitry ZUBOV, nominated by the Central Union of Consumer Societies of the Russian Federation (CENTROSOJUZ) – Russia: 170 votes
- Bennett Lyle REID, nominated by CO-OPERATIVES UK – United Kingdom: 394 votes