Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Cooperative Congress has been postponed and will be held from 1-3 December 2021 in Seoul, Republic of Korea. *
The World Cooperative Congress in 2021 will be an opportunity to look back and validate the cooperative movement’s resilience, leadership and solidarity during times of crisis. This event will serve as an important forum to:
- Discuss why the cooperative identity, including definition, principles and values, is needed now more than ever;
- Show cooperative resilience by sharing experiences and testimonies; and
- Discuss how cooperatives can significantly contribute to the global economic, social and environmental reconstruction.
As originally defined, the theme of the Congress will still be ‘Deepening our Cooperative Identity.’ Looking beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, we look forward to deepening our understanding of how our cooperative identity has enabled us to tackle this crisis and how we will overcome other global challenges like climate change, sustainable development, peace and equality. Together, we can cooperate to create a better, fairer and more inclusive world for generations to come.
FOR YOUR AGENDAS: You will soon receive more information on this event.
* The dates of the event are subject to be further rescheduled should the pandemic make it necessary for force majeure.
- Contact person:
- Website: https://icaworldcoopcongress.coop/