2022 Coopsday theme
On July 2, cooperatives all around the world will celebrate the 100th International Day of Cooperatives (#CoopsDay). A decade on from the UN International Year of Cooperatives, which showcased the unique contribution of cooperatives to making the world a better place, this year’s #CoopsDay slogan --“Cooperatives Build a Better World”-- echoes the theme of the International Year.
The ICA invites cooperators everywhere to spread the word about how our human-centred business model, inspired by the cooperative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity and the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others, is building a better world.
Participate and Celebrate the Centenary Celebration!
We are happy to share with you #CoopsDay 2022 action pack filled with all you need to engage in the cooperative movement's biggest annual celebration:
- The new logo in English, Spanish and French
- Social media digital resources
- Ideas to show how #cooperatives #CoopsBuildABetterWorld
- and MUCH MORE!
- #CoopsDay MAP: Write us to firstname.lastname@example.org sharing how you are marking the day and discover how cooperatives are celebrating #CoopsDay worldwide! <<<
- BONUS TRACK: Do you want to have the CoopsDay logo in your native language? Send us the translation to email@example.com. We will be very happy to speak #CoopsDay in your language!
About the International Day of Cooperatives
Marked by cooperatives worldwide since 1923 and officially proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly on the centenary of the ICA in 1995, the International Day of Cooperatives is celebrated annually on the first Saturday of July.
The aim of #CoopsDay is to increase awareness of cooperatives and promote the movement's ideas of international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality, and world peace. Since 1995, the ICA and the United Nations through Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives (COPAC) have jointly set the theme for the celebration of #CoopsDay.
Through #CoopsDay, local, national and global policymakers, civil-society organisations and the public in general can learn about the contribution of cooperatives to a secure future for all.
- Contact person:
- Website: www.coopsday.coop