The ICA has drafted a multiannual initiative on cooperatives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Click here to read it.
As three years have already passed since the adoption of the SDGs by the UN General Assembly, it is becoming urgent for the cooperative movement to fully explore this unprecedented opportunity. The voice of cooperatives need to be heard, and their contribution to our common future felt and recognized. To do this, we will need to have many activities including monitoring, statistics, awareness raising, position papers, reports, training tools, experts, and a certification system.
We envisage building a combination of:
- statistical work,
- monitoring the actions of the cooperative movement in this field,
- an awareness-raising campaign,
- ICA positions on various SDGs,
- a series of reports,
- methodological and training tools,
- the establishment of an expert group, and
- preparatory work towards a certification system on the cooperatives and the SDGs.
We are asking ICA members to help us by providing seed funding to start this initiative.
You can download the fundraising document below: