The International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) is looking for a committed Media Relations Officer to join its #coops4dev team working on promoting the cooperative business model in global and regional development policies.
The media relations officer will be responsible for cultivating and sustaining open channels with a wide range of media to support the communications efforts and give public visibility to strengthen cooperative development.
Key responsibilities are:
- to build and foster relationships with key stakeholders across paper, radio, TV and online media channels;
- to establish and implement strategic communications plans;
- to develop, write and/or approve messaging for press releases and pitches, media statements, letters to the editor, etc.;
- to monitor and track media coverage;
- to write articles;
- to organize media briefings and press conferences.
Deadline for applications is the 15 September 2018.
For more information, please consult the position description: