The International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) is looking for a communicator professional with a keen interest in cooperatives to replace our Communications Director during her maternity leave. Date foreseen is from 1st March to 30 September. Deadline for applications is the 6 February 2020 (23h59 CET).
- Coordinate with the ICA team, including senior leadership, to develop and carry out communication activitiesin collaboration with ICA regional, sectoral and thematic bodies.
- Take a proactive role in driving story ideas and elaborating informative, persuasive and concise multi-channel communication dynamics .
- Draft and edit press materials, executive communications and overall management of the website, social media and newsletter, including writing and posting/publishing content;
- Coordinate and feed the different communications platforms, actions and working groups
- Liaise with communications representatives from outside the ICA such as designers, comms agencies and translators and other stakeholders.
- Promote the organisation's events
- assisting the ICA team in any communication, campaigning, events and common coordination tasks as needs arise
- Degree in communications, public relations, journalism or media relations;
- At least five year's working experience in a communications field;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
- Good understanding of the importance of social media and be comfortable editing and posting in social media formats;
- Substantive understanding of policy issues and trends and good understanding of the international institutions;
- Must be able to work independently against deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multi-national environment; excellent interpersonal skills;
- Communicative team member and good networker;
- Experience with cooperatives is strongly preferred;
- Commitment to the cooperative values and principles to be demonstrated.
Access the full call below: