Most nationalities do not require visas for social or business visits to Malaysia. There are about 124 countries that have been exempted from visas imposition for short stays of at least 2 weeks provided that these visitors are in possession of a valid passport or travel document that has a minimum validity of six months beyond the period of stay.
Furthermore any nationals whose country does not fall within the category mentioned, can thereby apply visa through the nearest Malaysian Representative Office by submitting:
- A visa application form with three (3) passport-sized photographs
- A national passport with remaining validity not less than six (6) months
- A visa Invitation letter
Visa requiring special permission
For visa requiring special permission from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA), ANGKASA can assist the delegates in the application based on the criteria provided by MOHA. The rate of approval would still be subjected to the necessary clearance of MOHA. However the delegates may do the following:
- Submit passport identification page with latest resume to Conference Organizer, who will then forward it to ANGKASA at least 6 months prior to event.
- ANGKASA will assist with the documentation preparation for MOHA approval, which would take approximately 2 months process for approval.
- If application confirmed, a letter of approval from MOHA will be forwarded to the delegate via Conference Organizer.
- Then delegate must apply visa directly at nearest Malaysia High Commission (supported by the letter from MOHA) and High Commission will advise on procedure.
- Visa can then be collected at the respective High Commission before entering Malaysia.
* Please note that the visa is specific on dates for entry and exit only (which is duration of event)
Up to date details and particulars of visa related information can be found at Immigration Department of Malaysia (www.imi.gov.my) website. For further information on visa requirements/application enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that Sarawak has separate immigration laws and you will get a new visa on arrival there. For those who require a visa to visit Malaysia, you'll need a separate one for Sarawak, so be sure to state this when applying at the Malaysian embassy/consulate.
Visa Request Form
Those delegates requiring an invitation letter or other assistance to apply for a visa to enter Malaysia are kindly requested to fill in the visa request form. It should be duly noted that the earlier you return the form, the easier it will be for the hosts to be able to assist you with your visa request. Return the duly filled form by e-mail or fax as soon as possible as per the instructions on the form.