1. Registration Fees
|Registration Type||Fee (in euros)|
The above registration fees include:
The entrance fee for all meetings and events on the programme (unless otherwise specified), processing of registrations and registration materials, official documentation, coffee breaks, lunches, Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner (in the designated Alliance conference break and lunch areas only).
Your fee does not include accommodation, transport or other incidental costs.
An administrative fee of 50 euros will be charged for excessive changes you make to individual reservations, such as multiple substitution of delegates or multiple corrections of data on registration forms.
Accompanying persons are spouses and partners accompanying a registrant (Member or Non-Member). They are only entitled to attend the Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner. Should they wish to attend any business sessions, they will need to register and pay the full required fee as a delegate.
Youth registration is for those who will be 35 or under during the conference. In order to validate the reduced fee, a copy of the passport must be sent to the secretariat.
2. Payment Methods
Registration fees are payable in one of the three options below.
- By credit card online: you will be re-directed to a secure credit card payment server which is connected to Six Payments, an online payment specialist, not to the conference website. You will receive a pro-forma invoice by email once the credit card processor informs us of your payment.
- By bank transfer: A pro-forma invoice will be emailed to you when you make your registration which gives all of the information needed to make a bank transfer. Your registration will be validated and a final invoice and payment receipt will be sent once we receive your payment.
- By credit card to the Alliance: A pro-forma invoice will be mailed to you with details that will allow you to provide your credit card details to the International Co-operative Alliance and we will then charge your credit card. Your registration will be validated and a final invoice and payment receipt will be sent once we receive your payment.
PLEASE NOTE: for security reasons, cash payments onsite cannot be accepted.
3. Media & Press
We welcome members of the Media & Press. Members of the Media & Press are invited to attend the Conference free of charge. To apply for the media discount code and Media Accreditation, please email to Jan Schiettecatte, Director of Communications, Alliance: email@example.com.
4. Validation of Registrations
Registrations will only be validated and confirmed once the full payment has been received. Validation is subject to review.
5. Group Registrations
Groups should register online. Please note that registrations can be started and then saved in order to go back to make changes and gather more information before finally submitting the registration. Once the registration is submitted, any corrections must be sent to the conference secretariat.
Payments for the entire group should be made in one full payment and you will receive one invoice and one payment receipt for the entire group registration. Should you need individual invoices and payment receipts, please register each delegate separately online.
6. Registration Cancellations
- Individual cancellations
- up to 15 September 2017, no cancellation fees.
- up to 13 October 2017, an administration fee of 75 Euros is due.
- After 13 October 2017, full payment is due and no refunds will be issued.
- Group cancellations:
- Reimbursements will not be possible for group reservations. However, substitutions will be permitted & possible.
Note that the hotels will have their own cancellation policies.
7. Bursaries and Registration Discounts
The Alliance organises a Global conference to encourage and to welcome individuals from all countries to attend this major global “co-operative event” and has a limited program to provide a bursary to individuals with limited financial resources. The number of bursaries that we can grant is limited to the number of sponsorships that the Alliance receives for the conference and will not cover all of your costs to attend.
To apply for a bursary, you must fill in and submit an online discount request form The discount request form for individuals can be downloaded here and for groups here. If accepted, you will receive instructions on how to make your registration online. The discount request form must be submitted no later than 15 September 2017. For more information, contact the conference secretariat.
8. Visa letter requests
Please check with the competent local Malaysian authorities in your country whether you need a visa to travel to Malaysia and what the requirements are. If you need to obtain a “visa letter” confirming your conference registration, we can provide such a confirmation letter of your booking once you have (1) registered for the conference and (2) once the Alliance has received your payment in full. Please ensure that a visa letter request form is completed “for each delegate”. More information and the visa letter request form can be downloaded here: http://ica.coop/en/malaysia-entry-visa-requirements-0. You may also fill out and submit the visa request form online.
We recommend that you initiate your request for a visa at least 90 days prior to the conference.
The conference registration gives you access to the event and does not include your hotel accommodation & costs. The official conference hotel is in the Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa in Kuala Lumpur. The Sunway Resort & Spa is a large complex 35 minutes from the airport. The resort includes three hotels where we have preferential rates (4, 4.5 and 5 stars), a big shopping centre, spa, lagoon, and theme park. The preferential rates are the following:
|Hotel & Category||Room Type||Rate per night
(in Malaysian Ringit (MYR) net including tax)
|Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa (5 Star)||Premier||Single MYR 524.70
Double MYR 577.17
|Sunway Pyramid Hotel (4.5 Star)||Deluxe||Single MYR 466.40
Double MYR 501.38
|Sunway Clio Hotel (4 Star)||Superior||Single MYR 396.44
Double MYR 431.42
The rates above include your room, breakfast, and wifi. To reserve the hotel at these discounted prices, please book your hotel room by following these steps:
- Go to www.sunwayhotels.com
- Complete the reservation details (i.e. hotel selection, check-in & check-out date, number of rooms and number of adults and/or children),
- Under “promotion type”, select “corporate” and insert your promotion code: SRHAKKM17C
- Select a room type and click “book now”.
- Enter guest detail(s) and guarantee your booking with a valid credit card to complete the reservation.
The conference registration gives you access to the event (see point 1) and does not include your travel arrangements and costs (air, sea or land transportation). To book a transfer from/to the airport, learn about guided tours and visiting co-operatives in Malaysia, please contact our hosts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, also ensure that you are travelling with valid passports, travel documents and visas.
The event organisers cannot accept liability for loss of, or damage to, property belonging to congress participants during the event. Furthermore, the organizers and the Alliance are not responsible for any individual medical, travel or personal insurance. Delegates are encouraged to check with their travel agency to determine what their travel insurance policies cover.
17. Cancellation of the Event
The organizers are not responsible for the cancellation of the conference due to force majeure (natural disaster, acts of war, outbreak of severe contagious epidemic, major strikes, etc...).
For further information or clarification please contact the conference secretariat.
International Co-operative Alliance
Phone: +41 22 534 99 29